This exact situation happened last week, during my ‘I don’t feel like cooking because I’m still worn out from cooking Thanksgiving last week’ week. So Kyle opened up the fridge, pulled a few things out and whipped up a great meal. What can I say? I have a husband who loves food and enjoys cooking! I guess it helps that he worked in an Italian restaurant/pizza shop for a few years ‘way back when.’
Anyway, this aioli turned out great, and again, it needed salt. The broccoli was a really nice addition and didn’t make it feel as fattening as it actually is…and I suppose the whole wheat spaghetti we used helped with that feeling too. It’s a quick and simple meal and you really won’t be let down – give it a try!!
- 8 oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- lots of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last 3-4 minutes of cooking, toss in broccoli and cook until pasta is finished. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add salt, pepper, and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then turn heat to low to keep warm while broccoli and spaghetti finish cooking.
- After spaghetti and broccoli are well-drained, add to frying pan and toss to coat. Taste and add more salt if necessary. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and serve with crusty bread.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes